Another year is over, and the new year is starting strong. What began as a crazy idea has become our 17th year in business, each more exciting than the last. While Visceral always has a foot in the future, let’s look at all the great things that happened in 2023.
Elevating Our Craft
It’s an honor to partner with such incredible organizations: changemakers working on the frontlines of the issues we care about most. 2023 brought new partnerships that pushed our creative practice to new heights. Thank you to all the visionary collaborators who put their trust in our team. Here are just a few highlights from the last year.
- Visual storytelling reimagines how Simms/Mann Institute connects the world and shares their holistic approach to addressing society’s toughest challenges.
- A refreshed visual and verbal identity website for Public Agenda amplifies their position as the permanent research-to-action organization, putting the public’s voice at the center of policy solutions.
- An award-winning website for Generation180 that helps usher in the new energy era and accelerates Americans’ transition to a renewable future.
- A transformative new website for the New Breath Foundation that brings focus to sustainable, grassroots solutions for Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders harmed by incarcerations, deportation, and violence in the U.S.
- A website for Pacific Whale Foundation that aids in their fight to protect the world’s ocean through science and advocacy.
- An interactive annual report recapping Kresge Foundation’s work to expand progress in American cities.
2023 felt like a return to form. We had our first in-person meeting since 2020, reconnected with old colleagues, made new friends, and learned from experts. We’re happy to have met so many incredible people along the way!
- We attended ComNet23 in Atlanta and connected with our clients, colleagues, and other influential communications leaders working in the social sector. We look forward to seeing everyone in Kansas City this year!
- We continued to lead the charge with other values-driven businesses across San Diego in the fight for more equitable, inclusive and sustainable policies through Business for Good.
- We got inspired by masters in the creative craft at the Creative Works conference.
- We mingled with local community leaders in both the for-profit and non-profit sector at the San Diego Cause Conference.
- We learned from some of the biggest leaders in tech about their vision for a sustainable future at The Green Summit.
- We returned to the AMA Art of Marketing Conference and got inspired about the newest trends and case studies in the branding world.
We happy hour’d with fellow San Diego Certified B Corps who are working to redefine the role of business and create a positive impact on society.
Meet Grant Directory Pro
We launched the only WordPress plugin designed with foundations for foundations: Grant Directory Pro makes it easier than ever for foundations and philanthropies to provide insight and transparency into the grantmaking process.
We Got Green Business Certified!
We’ve always tried to run a better type of business—one that cares about people and our planet. We’re proud that we are now officially certified as a green business in the state of California for taking steps to mitigate our environmental footprint.
Other Wonderful Things
We participated in our fifth annual Giving Tuesday, switched our business insurance agent to one who’s B Corp Certified, became a UserWay partner to continue to improve the accessibility of our websites, and made dozens of changes to our internal processes to continue to provide the best service and value to our clients.
Last, and most importantly, one of our team members got married and we celebrated as a team!
It is not lost on us how fortunate we are to run a small business doing what we love with co-workers, clients, and partners that we all consider friends. If you’re reading this, thank you, sincerely, for being part of our dream.