We’ve long been proponents of ensuring that your website is accessible to all users, including those with disabilities, as well as those with different levels of technical skill. We’ve written about what web accessibility is and how you, as a content administrator, can publish with accessibility in mind and are now proud to partner with UserWay.
Why is Accessibility Important?
Accessibility ensures that all users can access your website’s content, regardless of their physical or mental abilities, and it demonstrates to users your commitment to providing a good user experience.
How Can UserWay Help?
Visceral works hard to create websites that adhere to accessibility guidelines and UserWay adds additional functionality that gives site users more control over accessibility features. Here are a few quick examples of things you can do:
- Font, color, and contrast adjustments – Sometimes, an organization’s brand fonts and colors look nice but aren’t as accessible as they could be for users with color blindness, dyslexia, or other visual impairments.
- Link highlighting – Hyperlinks inside page content, as well as navigation menus, can often blend in with surrounding text and design elements. Link highlighting makes it crystal clear what’s clickable and what’s not.
- Text-to-Speech – UserWay allows users to listen to the content of your website using text-to-speech technology without the need for additional screen reader software. This can be an excellent benefit for site visitors who have visual impairments or have difficulty reading on screen.
- Reading Mask – Reading a large amount of text on a screen can be challenging. Reading mask dims most of the screen except for a small horizontal ribbon which helps users focus their attention.
- Accessibility Profiles – UserWay has built-in settings for users experiencing certain conditions such as motor-skills impairments, blindness, dyslexia, ADHD, and epilepsy.
If you’re curious to see how it works, we have the UserWay widget embedded on our website as well as some of our client sites, like the Heising-Simons Foundation. Click the icon in the lower-right corner.
Trusted by over 1 million websites, UserWay is a comprehensive and easy-to-implement solution to ensure your website is accessible and compliant while showcasing your commitment to inclusion. Contact us to discuss or head over to the UserWay website for more information.