We offer two plans. All retainers must start with a Maintenance Plan and a Success Plan can be added:
Maintenance Plans ensure the security and wellbeing of your site via basic routine maintenance and support.
Staging Site Updates
$500 per month
Success Plans add additional value by providing 5 hours of enhanced support per month at a discounted rate.
Traffic Reporting & Analysis
Strategy & Planning
Standard Rate: $280 per hour
Discounted Rate Rate: $200 per hour
$1000 per month
Total for both: $1,500 per month
Do I need ongoing support?
In short, yes. All websites need routine maintenance services provided by a Maintenance Plan or they will become vulnerable to malware and cyberattacks. Success Plans offer additional value by providing enhanced support (adjustments, check-ins, strategy and planning, and reporting) with priority service and a discounted rate.
If you do not sign up for a plan
Visceral prioritizes partners who we have ongoing agreements with. If these plans do not fit your needs or resources, we can provide recommendations for freelancers or other resources for you to reach out to. A core benefit of both plans is the peace-of-mind knowing you have an expert in your corner if issues with your site do arise.
What is included in the Maintenance Plan?
A Maintenance Plan includes routine maintenance updates and support services that are provided automatically, behind-the-scenes to ensure the security and well-being of your site, including:
- WordPress updates: WordPress releases updates on a regular basis. If the update includes improved security measures, we make the update immediately. Other updates that include new features, performance improvements, or other enhancements are less urgent and are made once a month.
- Plugin updates: Your website relies on many industry-leading plugins that bring advanced features and functionality of the WordPress platform. Plugin updates are more frequent and are addressed in the same way as the WordPress core updates described above.
- Staging site updates: We test all WordPress and plugin updates on a staging version of your site (development site) prior to pushing the update to the production site (live site). This allows our team to ensure there are no issues before the updates go public.
- Routine backups: Your website will be incrementally backed up to the cloud whenever changes are made, and your website’s server will be backed up on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Security monitoring: We will add a security plugin to your site to harden WordPress from common hacking attempts and cyberattacks. This includes monitoring login attempts, detecting file access/changes, scanning for malware, and banning unauthorized IP addresses that are attempting to gain access to your site.
- Uptime monitoring: We use a third-party uptime monitoring service that will automatically check your site every 5 minutes to make sure it is running. If it detects it is not up, it will automatically notify Visceral staff so we can promptly respond.
What is included in a Success Plan?
Success Plans provide enhanced support provided at your request including:
- Website additions: Updates include changes or revisions to existing pages and features of your website. These types of updates typically include a low level of effort as they can be made using existing tools on the website. Typical updates might include:
- Regular check-ins: We are here to support your team as you learn the ins-and-outs of your website.
- Traffic Reports & Analysis: Visceral offers performance reports for all tiers of Success Plans. Reports typically monitor Google Analytics for traffic metrics that show how your site is performing. The insights delivered in each report are tailored to the desired outcomes of your website.
- Strategy and planning: You may have requests that need a thoughtful strategy to achieve your desired outcomes. Your need may have a direct relationship with the website or serve a broader communications objective. Visceral can support you by offering:
- Recommendations: Have a bigger update you want to make but aren’t sure where to begin? Visceral can provide planning support and provide an estimate based on our discussions for updates that fall outside of the scope of enhanced support.
How do I submit a request?
All requests are added to a Request Log—an online application where you submit and review change requests. When you submit a request, Visceral will automatically be notified. When a change is made (or we have a question), you get automatically notified.
You will also have a dedicated point-of-contact that you can call during regular business hours.
What are your turnaround times?
Requests made via a Sucess Plan take priority over requests made via a Maintenance Plan.
Success Plan Requests
Jump in front of the line — Partners with a Success Plan take priority with fast response and turnaround times. We will respond to all requests within 2 business days, usually sooner. Given the diversity and urgency of requests, it is not possible for Visceral to specify specific turnaround times, but we do our best to address them as quickly as possible (usually within 5 business days). We will clearly communicate when you can expect changes to be made within the Request Log.
Maintenance Plan Requests
Given requests for enhanced support are not included in Maintenance Plans, we will first deliver an estimated time and cost necessary to address your requests and then coordinate with you on timing.
What do you charge for overages?
We will never surprise you with a bill for overages that were not previously agreed upon.
Success Plans Overages
A core benefit of our Sucess Plan is that overages are estimated and billed at a reduced rate of $200 per hour
Base Plan Overages
All requests outside of what is specified as part of the Base Plan will be billed at a non-discounted rate of $280 per hour.
What is not included in a Success Plan?
You may have a request that cannot be addressed with the existing features of your website. Often times these requests are a combination of the following criteria:
- Requests for new features that require custom solutions or plugins that do not currently exist on your website
- Requests that require a deep level of planning, wireframes, or design mockups
- Requests to integrate third-party applications into the website
If you make a request that falls outside the scope of your Success Plan we will communicate why and create an estimate for you.
Do you offer additional discounts?
Yes! Partners who commit to a minimum of 6 months are offered a 5% discount.
What if I do not use all of my Success Plan hours?
Hours cannot be reimbursed or rolled over. Fortunately, we can always provide ideas for improving your site with remaining time.
Can I change or cancel my plan?
Of course. If you wish to change your plan or cancel it, notify us between the 1st and the 15th. Beginning the following month, the changes will be reflected in our next invoice.