Visceral is a creative agency that specializes in branding and digital design. We partner with organizations focused on social good: philanthropists, educators, conservationists, and social enterprises. As a Certified B Corporation, we strive to make a positive impact on our community, our environment, and our team. Above all, we exist to create world-class products with real-world impact.
About the Position
You are more than a top-notch WordPress developer: You are a strategic thinker who understands the roles that planning and creativity play in the development of world-class digital products. You are a great communicator who loves contributing ideas and constantly strives to produce better products. Most importantly, you believe in the power of technology to move people.
Please note: This is an in-house position in San Diego. We are not looking for remote candidates at this time.
You must have:
- 3+ years of experience creating WordPress sites from scratch, developing custom themes, plugins, etc.
- Experience with modern WordPress development workflows such as Sass, package managers, Git, etc.
- Participated in the full cycle of web-based projects and assisted in the creation of website architectures by creative ideas and technical
- Excellent communication skills and experience collaborating with clients and teams
- An ability to identify development challenges, ask appropriate technical questions, and identify suitable solutions
- Excellent attention to detail
- The desire to collaborate and constantly learn
- An ability to effectively manage your time around multiple projects
It would be great if you have:
- Experience working with CRMs such as Salesforce, HubSpot, Marketo, etc.
- Experience with the Sage starter theme and Laravel
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- A strong understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) principles and tactics
- Experience with website hosting setup including server configuration Experience with accessibility guidelines compliance including WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines), Section 508, etc.
What you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, vision
- IRA match
- Generous paid time off
- Education opportunities
- Matched giving
- Team outings and volunteer opportunities