Visceral is a creative agency that specializes in brand strategy and digital design. We partner with the world’s leading mission-driven organizations: Visionary people and organizations that make the world a better place. As a Certified B Corporation, we strive to positively impact our communities, our environment, and our team. Above all, we exist to create world-class products with real-world impact.
About the WordPress Developer role
You are more than a top-notch WordPress developer: You are a strategic thinker who understands the roles that planning and creativity play in the development of world-class digital products. You are a great communicator who loves contributing ideas and constantly strives to produce better products. Most importantly, you believe in the power of technology to move people.
You must have:
- 3+ years of experience creating WordPress sites from scratch, developing custom themes, plugins, etc.
- Experience with modern WordPress development workflows such as Sass, package managers, Git, etc.
- Participated in the full cycle of web-based projects and assisted in the creation of website architectures by creative ideas and technical
- Excellent communication skills and experience collaborating with clients and teams
- An ability to identify development challenges, ask appropriate technical questions, and identify suitable solutions
- Excellent attention to detail
- The desire to collaborate and constantly learn
- An ability to effectively manage your time around multiple projects
It would be great if you have:
- Agency experience
- Experience working with CRMs such as Salesforce, HubSpot, Marketo, etc.
- Experience with the Sage starter theme and Laravel
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- A strong understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) principles and tactics
- Experience with website hosting setup including server configuration
- Experience with accessibility guidelines compliance including WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines), Section 508, etc.
What you can expect:
- A salary commensurate with your experience (base starting salary is $70k+)
- Flexible environment (a hybrid of both remote and in-person)
- Profit pool share
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, vision,
- IRA match
- Generous paid time off
- Education opportunities
- Matched giving
- Volunteer opportunities